ACCELERATING WEIGHT LOSS WITH EXERCISE
Factor4™ Power Energy Shakes will allow weight loss without intense exercise. We believe that moderate exercise should be a part of a healthy lifestyle, and we are providing these helpful tips to help you accelerate your weight loss with exercise.
Examples of aerobic exercise include walking, running, jogging, biking and rowing. Any exercise that employs large muscle groups, raises the heart rate, breathing rate and body temperature is aerobic in nature.
Start with a 1-3 mile brisk walk (each mile should take 20 minutes). If necessary start with a 1 mile walk and work up to longer distances. If you carry weights in your hand while walking (1 or 2.5 pound weights for women; 2.5 to 5.0 pound weights for men) you will burn more calories.
If you are using biking as a cardio workout, you should bike 3-5 miles per cardio day, which should take 30-40 minutes. Look for hills to burn more calories.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercise:
- Improves cardio-respiratory and cardio-vascular systems
- Decreases resting heart rate by increasing heart pumping efficiency
- Improves circulation in extremities (arms and legs)
- Fat burning pathways are stimulated after 15 minutes of exercise
- Raises body metabolic rate, which burns fat
- Builds up muscle mass, which helps burn fat
- Reduces stress levels
- Improves sleep and mood
- Decreases blood pressure
- Reduces LDL blood cholesterol levels
- Increases blood oxygen levels
- Stimulates the anabolic cascade toward youth
- Tones muscles and body physique
- Improves balance and flexibility, reducing injury potential
- Improves posture
Frequency, intensity and duration of aerobic exercise determines fitness levels. Each session should last from 30-60 minutes and be performed 3-5 days per week, increasing heart rate by 50% to 85% according to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Sugars and glycogen are metabolized (burned) during the first 15 minutes of aerobic exercise. Fat metabolism starts at about 15-20 minutes. This explains why 30-60 minutes is required for significant fat loss.
Variation of exercise routines throughout the week is very helpful. Thus, three days of aerobic exercises alternated with 2-3 days of small weight training work best. This allows the body to rest and recover from one exercise while conducting an alternate exercise. Without recovery periods the body risks fatigue and injury. If any exercise causes increasing pain other than that experienced with muscle use, the exercise routine should be stopped and a physician consulted.
Weight training develops muscle strength and increases lean body mass. This increases the metabolic rate and therefore burns more fat. Strength training not only increases bone density but also the thickness of tendons and ligaments thereby decreasing the risk of injury. Strength training can avoid muscle atrophy during the aging process.
We suggest that you purchase some light-weight dumbbells from a local sporting goods store. Weights should be bought in pairs, one for each hand. Women should start with 2.5 pound weights and work up to 5.0 pounds. Men should start with 5.0 pound weights and work up to 7.5 pounds.
Benefits of Weight Training:
- Reduces body fat
- Raises metabolic rate (metabolism)
- Helps control blood pressure
- Increases muscle strength
- Increases bone density
- Prevents injuries from normal activities
- Improves posture and appearance (body physique)
Weight Training at Home
Start with one set of 12-15 repetitions and increase number of repetitions slowly with time and increased fitness.
- 5 minutes of stretching
- Push-ups (chest muscles and triceps)
- One arm rows (back and biceps)
- Arm curls (biceps)
- Triceps extensions (triceps)
- Shoulder press (traps and front delts)
- Side lateral raises (side delt/shoulder)
- Front lateral raises (rear delt/shoulder)
- Squats (quads, hamstrings/upper leg and gluteus)
- Lungs (quads, hamstrings/upper leg and gluteus)
- Calf raises (calf/lower legs)
Weight Training at the Gym
We suggest that you consult a certified trainer to advise a proper exercise program for your needs. Ask your gym for information on their personal training services.
Using the weight training equipment at the gym, start with a set of 12-15 repetitions and increase the number of repetitions slowly with time and fitness.
- Warm up for 5 minutes on a bike, treadmill, stair-climb, or other cardio machine.
- Leg press machine (total lower body)
- Chest press machine (chest)
- Cable pulldown – wide grip (back)
- Leg extension machine (quadriceps)
- Bicep machine (arms)
- Cable pushdowns (triceps)
- Leg curl machine (hamstrings)
- Overhead shoulder press machine (shoulders)
- Row machine (back)
- Calf raises – standing or sitting (lower legs)
- Fly machine (Chest)
- Lower back machine (lower back)
Calisthenics are exercises designed to increase strength and flexibility. Calisthenic exercises include sit ups/crunches, push-ups, pull-ups, and squats.
Benefits of Calisthetics:
- Increased strength in abs, lower back, and hips
- Increased flexibility and balance
- Better posture awareness
- Improved endurance
Suggested Abdominal Workout (daily)
- Lower abdominal crunches with heels on an 18” table of chair (lower abdominal muscles)
- Upper abdominal crunches with feet on the floor and knees raised to a comfortable position (upper abdominal muscles). Using an exercise ball helps to support the back and focus the workout on the ab muscles.
- Proper breathing during your exercise routine can help flatten and shape your abdominal wall. Always exhale on the exercise and inhale during the return of the motion. For example, if you are doing an arm curl, you should exhale while you are pulling the weight up and inhale on the way down.
- Stay in control of your abdominal exercise motion. Each repetition of your abdominal crunch should be slow and in control. When doing floor crunches on your back (knees bent) exhale on the way up slowly.
- Do not rock or bend your neck during crunches. Concentrate on aiming your chin towards the ceiling as you raise your shoulders off the floor. Bring your shoulders up a few inches without raising your lower back off the ground. This tightens your abdominal muscles.
Disclaimer :This product is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease by the use of pharmaceutical drugs. As a dietary supplement, with all natural ingredients, considered to be “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS), Factor4 is intended only to improve health and wellness in the organs and tissues throughout the body. Comments and notations, derived from testimonials and limited human studies, have not been evaluated by the FDA. All results stated in this white paper and on our website(s) are actual results from real customers or individuals included in our clinical trials. Individual results may vary depending on personal goals and use.